Wednesday 22 September 2010

New Research

I attended a talk regarding Kubrick and his aborted epic Napoleon on Monday the 20th September, this was very enlightening and I have collected many notes on Kubrick's film style, his management techniques and his personality itself. None of these notes are particularly specified towards a central theme but I feel they will be useful. I'm planning to read several books on Kubrick as well as buy The Shining and Full Metal Jacket for reference and Dr Strange-love, Barry Lyndon, (and possible Lolita, Spartacus and The Killing) to watch and refer to. Possible themes that have come up to research or focus on during my internet searches have been Ironic Pessimism, Novel Adaption, Sexuality, Violence, (or general controversy) or Fatal flaws in the Human condition. Books I have on my list to read are: The Stanley Kubrick archives by Alison castle (which was referenced much during the talk) Stanley Kubrick (Masters of Cinema) by Bill Krohn and Stanley Kubrick Interviews by Gene D. Philips.

No comments:

Post a Comment